I love this banana bread recipe! It’s really moist and full of reasonably healthy ingredients!
– 4 Bananas (2.5 cups mashed or 575 grams – they can also be yellow bananas)
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 cup almond butter (or coconut, sunflower seed, macadamia, etc. butter)
– 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil (can use melted butter instead)
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– pinch of sea salt
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts
– 1/2 cup + semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine bananas, eggs, nut butter and coconut oil (I use a KitchenAid Mixer, but a food processor or Vitamix Blender or a good hand mixer work, too).
- Add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Mix well.
- Place batter in a silicon pan or a loaf pan that is well-greased or lined with parchment (trust me!).
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and flip out onto a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool. Slice and serve!
For Muffins: Use the same recipe, bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
For Mini-Muffins: Use the same recipe, bake for 25 minutes.
* Recipe by Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations