One of my fave things to do on the beach is read. It’s when I can sit down and read a book (mostly) uninterrupted for an extended period of time. I’m someone that likes a mix of reading material in my beach bag, so I’ve included a few novels, some non-fiction, a couple of great bios and some other fun reads.
Here is what I am hoping to read on the beach this Summer (or maybe down in Mexico this winter!).
3 Non-Fiction Goodies
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear (Elizabeth Gilbert). This book has been on my list since I heard Elizabeth Gilbert speak at a women’s event not too long ago. A good friend told me it is full of inspiring advice without reading like a self-help book. I can’t wait to dive in!
- Chasing Likes: The Unflattering Reality of Being an Influencer (Carlee Krtolica). Yes, I am including my own book in this list. At 135 pages, it is an easy read (perfect for the beach) and full of salacious stories and a deep-dive into what it’s really like to be a social media influencer.
- How To Be Perfect: The Correct Answer to Every Moral Question (Michael Schur). From the creator of most of my favorite sitcoms comes a hilarious, thought-provoking guide to living an ethical life, drawing on 2,400 years of deep thinking from around the world.
3 Great Autobiographies
- Finding Me: A Memoir (Viola Davis). Viola Davis is one of my favorite actresses. I feel like she gives a stunning performance in everything that she does. I also loved her on celebrity IOU on HGTV, so diving into this book about her life is something I can’t wait to do.
- We Were Dreamers: An Immigrant Superhero Story (Simu Liu). Simy Liu always comes across as someone who is super cool that has worked incredibly hard but doesn’t take himself too seriously. I love that he is Canadian (like me!) and I think that his story is something a lot of people can relate to.
- My Mother’s Daughter (Perdita Felicien). Perdita Felicien is one of my favorite people to follow on Instagram. She is authentic and incredibly stylish. I love her sense of humour and overall outlook on life which is why this book is on my list.
6 Entertaining Novels
I love love love chick-lit novels and this list features some of my favorite authors. There isn’t a book that Emily Giffin has penned that I haven’t loved and Sophie Kinsella hooked me so much with her Shopaholic series that I will read anything that she writes! I’m super excited about these books and gal pals of mine have recommended some of them, too!