To say that I love gallery walls would be an understatement. Whether we’re talking about a small grouping of two, three or four photos or a large collection – they are one of my favourite ways to decorate a wall.
You’ve already seen the gallery wall that I styled when I renovated my home office, but guess what? (hold your surprise haha) I’ve since re-styled it. Since going more “digital” in my workflow, I’ve eliminated the need for a white board and that left a lot of open wall space.. I also wanted to create something that felt a little more sophisticated as this space is open to the main floor of my home.
For this project, I collaborated with Poster Store. I worked with them on this project for a few different reasons:
- Frames: I like a gallery wall with a cohesive frame style. Poster Store offers simple stylish frames in a variety of colours and finishes to help give your gallery wall a cohesive look and feel.
- Prints: Poster Store offers such a large variety of prints, I honestly had trouble deciding which I loved the most! You can sort by colour, style, theme and more, making it super easy to find a set of prints that work for you.
- Price: Prints and frames can be costly, especially when you’re shopping to style a large space. Poster Store offers really affordable prices so that you can create a gallery wall on any budget!
- Inspiration: Not sure where to start? Their website (and Instagram account) feature tons of different ideas to get you started in your own space.
- Delivery: My order came so quickly – there was no waiting for diving right into my project!
How To Create a Gallery Wall
Creating your own gallery wall might seem a bit daunting. I have done this a few times so I have quite a few pieces of advice that you should find helpful:
- Gather inspo and figure out the look and feel you want for your wall(s).
- Ask yourself a few questions:
- Do you want your frames to be all one size or a variety of sizes?
- Do you want a single row of frames or a collage of different sizes and orientations?
- Does your space have a theme? This will help determine what style of prints you are looking to include.
- Take some measurements: determine how much space you have to work with. This will also help you to determine the sizes of frames/prints that you can use as well.
- I find it helps to draw out my space using graph paper to visualize what it will all look like.
Okay, enough chit chat! I’m so excited to share my space with you! Check it all out below!
My Office Gallery Wall
My office space has grey walls with one navy blue feature wall. It features white furniture pieces with a mid-century modern upholstered grey sofa. I’ve decorated the space with a palette of white, grey, navy and blush with a few other pops of colour in some of the accessories on the bookshelves.
For my gallery wall, I used white wood frames because I liked the contrast of the white frames on the grey wall paint. I also like how they match the white bookshelves and desk. I used a mix of prints: photography and quotes, black and white and some colour. For the colour photos, I was sure to stick to one main colour family: pink and blush. Because so much of the room is grey, white and navy, this was a great opportunity for me to pull in some blush and pink tones into the space.
I found some quote prints that I found inspiring, but not overly wordy, so they fit nicely with the simple aesthetic that I was trying to achieve.
Paris is one of my favourite cities in the world and every time I visit I find myself snapping countless photos of architecture, both indoors and outdoors. Poster Store had gorgeous photo prints from Paris as well as some French-inspired photos that fit the exact look/theme I was going for in this collage.
Shop This Post
Large Frames: White Wood Frame 50×70
Small Frames: White Wood Frame 30×40
- Pink Door Marble Poster 50×70
- Pink Dress Poster 50×70
- Stairway Poster 50×70
- Marble Wall Balcony Poster 50×70
- Paris Poster 30×40
- Paris Window Poster 30×40
- Pink Magnolias Poster 30×40
- Pink Street Poster 30×40
- Pink Tram Poster 30×40
- White Feather Poster 30×40
- Magnolia Blossoms Poster 30×40
- Marc Jacobs Love Poster 30×40
- Marc Jacobs Poster 30×40