I’m not one for the Ugly Christmas Sweater trend, but I do like a cozy sweater with a touch of fun and whimsy. Here are my favorites this season!
- Word Pullover: Intarsia Word Pullover (blue shade – Peace), $49.95, Gap. I actually have this sweater myself and I love it. The knit is really soft and it fits well (go up a size, though as it runs small). It also comes in two other shades/words: Joy – Heather Grey, Love – Snow Cap.
- Scottie Dog Sweater: Factory Intarsia Scottie Dog Sweater, $68, J.Crew Factory. This is such a cute sweater! The fit of these is fantastic and they look great with jeans, skirts or over a blouse.
- Circular Fair Isle Sweater: Circular Fair Isle Sweater (Heather Grey), $59.95, Gap. I love the fair isle patterns that come back each holiday season. The new colors that are thrown into the traditional pattern are fantastic. This one is my favorite of this series (as well as the Bright Pink in the main image), but it also comes in Charcoal Heather and Snow Cap.
- FaLaLaLa Pullover: Wildfox ‘Baggy Beach Jumper FaLaLaLa Pullover’, $98, Nordstrom. This sweater is festive without being too loud and in your face about it. It’s soft, a bit baggy and really comfortable.
- Ski Scene Sweater: Factory Intarsia Ski Scene Sweater (Navy/Ivory), $68, J,Crew Factory. I get a retro vibe from this sweater and its particular knit. It’s a fun scene and who can resist the polka-dots?
- Fleece Navidad Sweater: BP ‘Fleece Navidad’ Graphic Christmas Sweater, $38, Nordstrom. This is my most whimsical choice – I couldn’t resist the sheep wearing Christmas lights. As far as ‘ugly sweaters’ go, this one is really cute rather than really tacky.