Winter is here…and so is the need for stylish outerwear!
My dream in life is to have a lovely dress coat for every occasion à la Betty Draper, but that comes with a pretty big price tag! How can you make this happen on a reasonable budget? Keep reading!
If you’re feeling weird about shopping consignment, consider these points:
- I am a blogger and I go through a TON of clothing every season. What am I supposed to do with it all? I consign it. I can’t be the only one you know…
- Every city has an affluent community of ladies who change their styles season over season or who have items they’ve barely worn – they consign, too.
- Consignment shops don’t take items that show signs of wear; most items are in like-new condition!
- Everything is clean – it’s like getting a sweater from a friend!
- Consignment shops often sell a mix of new and gently-used clothing (and sometimes some amazing products from local vendors!).
- You can consign your own items and get cash back or store credit for new stuff – this is a win-win! You’re contributing to sustainable fashion, cleaning out your closet and getting new stuff for your wardrobe all at the same time!
- Why not pick up some great designer finds at incredible prices?!
Coats are one of my favorite things to pick up at consignment shops. In this post, I’ve partnered with Clothing Bar Boutique to share some of my favorite “coat looks” for the season!
This look is very, very me: designer skinny jeans, J.Crew blouse, designer ballet flats and a great overcoat. All consignment. All basically new. All designer. All my favorite brands.
A classic coat with sleek lines (same as above), a flowy top and some pleather leggings make this a great fall-winter go-to.
A great coat like this is timeless. Consignment shops don’t just sell trendy cast-offs, they sell classic, designer pieces like this one!
Long cardigans are all the rage right now. I’ll be honest, I like to wear mine with leggings curled up with a cup of tea by the fire, but for going out, this look suits me just fine. Pleather leggings might seem silly to you, but they are hella comfy and most consignment shops carry them brand new.
First of all, how cute are these silk tassel earrings by local Calgary designer, TISH? They come in a few different colours and you can get them online or at Clothing Bar Boutique in Calgary if you want to check out the whole line! Full disclosure: I’m not a big ‘dangly’ earring girl but these are so lightweight and soft on the skin that I’m sure to get some great wear out of them.
Happy Consignment Shopping, friends!
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week