No matter what your summer plans are, a well-stocked beach bag is key. I like to pack only the essentials – mainly because I don’t want to have to dig on my bag for days to find something and I don’t want to lug a ton of stuff around that I don’t need to! I’ve listed why each item is a priority for me as well.
Here’s what to pack for a day on the lake, the beach or by the pool.
- Sunnies: BP. Clear Sunglasses ($16, Nordstrom). Sunnies are a must! I love this adorable pair – and they’re inexpensive so if you wear them in the water, it’s no big deal.
- Hydration: Sip by S’Well Bottle ($25, Target). It’s so important to stay hydrated, especially if you’re swimming. This bottle comes in tons of cute colors and keeps your water cold!
- Leave-In Conditioner: UNITE 7 Seconds Conditioner ($14, Amazon). I use this product every day, sometimes twice and it’s perfect for spraying into your locks to prevent breakage or damage from the salt/chlorine/lake and keep those tresses looking their best!
- Lip Butter w. SPF: Kiehl’s Lip Butterstick ($27, Nordstrom). Lips can get sunburned, too, so make sure to protect them with an SPF. This lip butter stick adds the cutest pop of pink color!
- Hair Ties: Invisibobble ($8, Sephora). If you’re like me, sometimes you want to put your hair up, but you don’t want it to crease so you can put it back down later. These are the perfect hair ties for just that!
- Hair Brush: The Wet Brush Squirt ($6, Target). I love the Wet Brush so much for my hair, and having this mini one to toss into my beach bag to prevent tangles is perfect.
- Reading Material: The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo – Amy Schumer ($16, Amazon). Beach reads are meant to be light – and this book is hilarious!
- The Perfect Tote: South Beach Orange Stripe Beach Bag ($30, ASOS). I love a good sized canvas bag to haul my stuff around at the beach – I love the rope handles of this one and its lighter shade.
- Sunscreen: Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Broad Spectrum SPF30 ($10, Target). I love this sunscreen so much – it goes on really smooth and even and adds so much moisture to your skin in the process without feeling sticky or heavy.
- Organization: Mossimo Women’s Mesh Pouch Set ($6, Target). I like to keep a smaller pouch or two in my beach bag to hold bottles of sunscreen, lip balm, hair ties, etc. so that they stay tidy and together.
- Perfect Pedi: Deborah Lippmann ‘Life’s A Beach’ Nail Polish Set ($19, Sephora). Summer calls for a bright pedi – keep yours looking fresh with this nail polish duo.
- Face Sunscreen: Image Skincare Prevention+ Oil-Free Daily Matte Moisturizer ($43, Amazon). I like to use a different sunscreen on my face than on my body – this one is oil free and mattifies your skin! It also smells like a tropical vacay!
- Sun Hat: BP. C’est La Vie Floppy Straw Hat ($35, Nordstrom). I love these clever sun hats – the brim is large enough to keep the sun off your face and it’s a cute outfit accessory (and Instagram prop!)
- Towel: Herringbone Pestemal Beach Towel ($30, Target). This towel has the nicest weave which allows it to double as a blanket! It comes in a ton of different colors, too!
If you need more beach bag inspo, check out last year’s Beach Bag Essentials post.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week