I love an easy DIY project! I was looking for a candy jar to hold champagne jelly beans in my new office, but I wanted something original that used my current color scheme!
- Glass Candy Jar (I used the VARDAGEN – $6.99, IKEA)
- Painter’s Tape
- Spray Paint (I used Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch 2x Gloss in Navy Blue – $7.97, HomeDepot)
1. Tape the parts of the jar that you do not wish to be painted. Ensure the edges of the tape are pressed down tightly to ensure no bleed on the edges (as shown below). I chose not to paint the lid at all, but get creative if you want to add stripes there, too!
Hint: Use different sizes of tape for different sizes of stripes.
2. Ensure the top is sealed to keep paint from entering the jar.
3. In a well-ventilated area, spray the entire jar with quick strokes, coating evenly. Allow paint to dry before peeling tape (as shown below).
4. Remove tape and allow vase to cure overnight (as shown below).
5. You’re good to go! Fill jar with the candy of your choice. Hand-wash only!
Looking for another easy DIY project? Check out my DIY: Striped Vase.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week