I love to make special treat bags up for the neighbourhood kids that I know really well. It just makes Halloween trick-or-treating a bit more personal! Here’s what I did this year – it’s quick and easy!
– small treat sacks (I got mine from the dollar store, but you can try these: Spritz – Halloween Treat Sacks, $1, Target)
– black tissue paper (try: Spritz Tissue Paper, $1.25, Target), tip: if you order online from Kiehl’s, they always wrap items in black tissue that you can reuse!
– orange sharpie or pen
– black curling ribbon (I like to keep large spools of curling ribbon in a variety of colors on hand)
– labels (I used Avery Filing Labels, $13.99, Target)
Some Treat Ideas:
– Play-Doh, $4.99 set of 15 mini cans, Target
– BonneBell Lip Smackers, $1.99 each, Target
– often retailers like Target will have bins at the front of their store featuring inexpensive small toys for kids
– Candy of course!
1. I like to write on the labels and stick them to the bags before filling (that way they stick flat and smooth to the sack).
2. I like to wrap the items in tissue paper and then place the tissue piece inside the clear treat sack.
3. I cut all of my pieces of ribbon and tie them around each bag with a knot. Then, I curl each string.