This warm cheese appetizer is irresistible. I love the use of fresh figs and flavors that are simple, but pair well together for something elegant!
This recipe comes from the December 2012 Issue of Style at Home.
- 1 small wheel of chèvre (approximately 8 oz)
- 1 piece thinly sliced rye bread, toasted crisp
- 1 fresh fig, quartered
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Thyme to garnish
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally
- Preheat the oven to 180°F.
- On a small baking sheet covered in tin foil, place the chèvre on top of the rye toast.
- Bake, uncovered, just until the chèvre becomes warm, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheese from the oven and transfer to a plate.
- Top the cheese with the fig quarters and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
- Garnish with the thyme and serve with the baguette.
- Prep and cook time: 30 minutes.
- Serves 4.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week