I’m always looking for recipes for refreshing summer beverages and I stumbled upon this one last week! It is so tasty, I just had to share it with you!
- 1/4 cup sugar for simple syrup
- Ice cubes
- 1 2/3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons julienned mint, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced 1/4-inch thick, plus more for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1/4 cup water. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Let stand until completely cool.
- In a large pitcher half-filled with ice, add 2 cups water, lemon juice, simple syrup, mint, and lemon slices. Stir to combine.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices.
Tips & Tricks:
I found this recipe works great with sparkling water, as well as the still water that is recommended. I also love adding clear spirits like vodka or gin!
For extra flare, freeze a few mint leaves and lemon slices into ice cubes. You can also add raspberries or other fruit if you’re looking for additional flavors.
Source: Martha Stewart Mint Lemonade
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week