This recipe is from Style at Home.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp ground cloves
- ½ tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp water
- 4 cups salted almonds
- 1 round Langres
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg white and water until frothy. Add the almonds and stir until well coated.
- Add the sugar and spice mixture to the nuts and stir until well coated.
- Grease a large shallow baking pan. Spread the nuts evenly onto the pan and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake until the nuts are dry, about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool before breaking the nuts into chunks and serve atop the round of Langres cheese.Tip: The nuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Makes about 4 cups of almonds.
Love This Post?
Subscribe to get posts like this delivered to your inbox every week