I’ve had so many comments from my Instagram post about these pancakes from my Charcoal Everything article that I thought I’d post the recipe on its own for your pleasure!
This recipe comes from Maggie Archibald and was posted on CruJuice.
Everyone loves pancakes, so why not make ones that are perfect for a morning-after brunch!
Best Time to Make These: They’re best enjoyed after a night of maybe one too many drinks. Activated Charcoal is supposed to be a very efficient detox, as it goes through the body and absorbs toxins and heavy metals (I’m not a doctor so I can’t guarantee this).
- 1.5 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 3.5 tbsp. Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 2 tsp Activated Charcoal
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 Egg or Flax Egg
Egg Substitute: How To Make a Flax/Chia Egg:
1. Blend Flax/Chia Seeds in a blender
2. Combine 1 tbsp. Flax with 3 tbsp. Water
3. Place in fridge for about 15 minutes
Blend ingredients together and cook as you would regular pancakes.
Top with maple syrup and anti-oxidant filled berries!