I love a splash of citrus but don’t often like the artificial flavour that you can taste in a flavoured vodka. This homemade lemon vodka is the perfect solution!
This recipe comes from the December 2015 issue of Style at Home Magazine.
- 6 lemons
- 750mL vodka
- Wash the lemons with dish soap or fruit spray to thoroughly remove any residue (I like The Honest Company’s Fruit & Veggie Wash, $6.95). Dry with a clean towel.
- Using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler, carefully remove the peel from the lemons, taking as little of the bitter white pith as possible.
- Reserve the fruit for another use.
- Place the peel in a clean lidded jar and pour the vodka over the zest to cover.
- Close the lid and leave in a cool, dark place for 30 days to infuse.
Hint: Replace the lemons with mandarin oranges to make Mandarin Vodka!